Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing Smart Environmental Limited to provide you with all your recycling and refuse services. Our aim is to provide this essential service so responsibly and dependably that you don’t need to give it a second thought. We will do our best to keep you satisfied and we want you to tell us when we don’t.
We guarantee the quality of our services. If they do not measure up to the standards described in this agreement, and we do not correct the problem within 72 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays) after we receive notice from you – unless the problem is caused by circumstances outside of our control – you may terminate our services and this agreement. If for any reason there are circumstances beyond our control that prevent us from performing our obligations to you under this agreement, then we will not be liable to you for such failure.
Bin Delivery Terms & Conditions
- Bin deliveries are available on regular working days (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays). The cut-off time for next-day deliveries is 10am, and orders after this time will be deferred to the following working day, subject to operational constraints and bin availability. Any arrangements you would like to make for same-day deliveries, or deliveries during weekends or public holidays should be made directly with your local branch prior to your order.
Skip Bin Terms & Conditions
- If your removal date falls on a weekend or public holiday, the bin hire removal will be scheduled for the next working day following that date.
- Payment must be made by Credit Card at the time of placing the order.
- The quoted price is subject to the weight not exceeding the stated threshold. Excess weight over the stated threshold will be charged at the stated nominal weight charge or part thereof.
- For health and safety reasons, the bin must not be overfull. Overfull skips will not be removed from the site until made safe.
- The bin must NOT contain Tyres, Asbestos, Liquid Paint, Chemicals, Vehicle Batteries, Polystyrene and any other toxic or hazardous waste.
- A Hardfill bin must not contain any General Waste.
- A General Waste bin must not contain any Hardfill.
- Skips placed on site are not to be re-positioned. Smart will not be responsible for any damage caused to property on removing a skip re-positioned by the customer after delivery.
- The bin delivered may vary from that shown. Volume of the bin will match what has been selected however the dimensions and shape may differ.
Wheelie Bin Terms & Conditions
- We will hire to the hirer one 80, 120 or 240-litre mobile rubbish container known as a wheelie bin for Residential Waste or a 240- litre wheelie bin for Green Waste removal.
- The following materials may not be placed in the bin: (a) hot articles such as ashes, (b) liquids, (c) inflammable or hazardous substances, (d) sharp or heavy substances which may puncture the bin, (e) tightly packed materials such as sand, earth, stone or rubble. Green Waste Bins are limited to Branches (up to 75mm in diameter and 750mm long). No Flax, Bamboo, Cabbage tree leaves, Soil, Plant pots, Food scraps, Domestic or hazardous waste to be placed in Green Waste bin.
- The hirer will not fill the bin beyond the level at which the lid will close normally. The maximum weight of the Wheelie bin will not exceed 40 kilograms for an 80L bin or 120L bin and 80 kilograms for a 240L bin. The hirer will not allow the bin to be removed from the property described as the location to be serviced. The hirer will do whatever is necessary to maintain good hygiene of the bin. The hirer will place the bin at the kerbside by 7am on the day of the week known as the collection day. * (excluding special service contract options
- The hirer is required to advise the company in advance of any changes in the hirer’s details. This includes changes to the location of the bin, hirer’s postal address, hirer’s email address, hirer’s contact telephone numbers and hirer’s bank account information if payment is made by direct debit. A fee may be charged if the company is required to shift the bin to the hirer’s new address.
- The bin remains the property of the company. If the hirer is in breach of the agreement the company reserves the right to enter the premises to recover the bin and will then require immediate payment of any balance still owing by the hirer.
- The company will carry out at their own expense any repairs needed due to normal wear and tear. The hirer will bear the cost of all repairs or replacements other than the normal wear and tear and in particular damage resulting from fire, malicious damage, loss or theft.
- The service charge, which includes the rental of the bin, is to be paid whether or not the hirer places the bin at the kerbside for service on the specified collection day. The company reserves the right to vary the service charge on giving prior written notice to the hirer.
- This agreement commences on the date that the Wheelie Bin is first delivered to the Customer’s address. The supply of the Services by the Company to the Hirer is governed by these terms and conditions. The term of this agreement is rolling ongoing if the hirer pays by weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annual direct debit. If the hirer pays by advance payment the term will be for the service period indicated by the hirer’s advance payment. These terms and conditions will be considered to be ongoing if the hirer chooses to renew this agreement for an additional service period. Payment for a further service period constitutes the hirer’s continued agreement to these terms and conditions.
- The hirer can terminate this agreement by one month’s written notice to the company when the hirer pays for their service by weekly, fortnightly or monthly direct debit. When cancelling the hirer will be charged a cancellation fee equal to one month’s service charge. Termination for wheelie bin services paid in advance will only be refunded to the hirer at the sole discretion of the company. Refunds will only be granted under exceptional circumstances. Exceptional circumstances do not include moving out of the collection area, deciding you do not require the bin any longer or electing to use a competitor’s service. When the hirer moves they are able to transfer the bin to friends or family. Where the company grants a refund for an advance payment service a minimum cancellation fee of $50 will be deducted from the refund calculated by the company. The hirer is responsible for all their obligations under the contract until written/electronic notice is received by the company and the bin is collected by the company. The company reserves the right to terminate the contract at any time without prejudicing any of its rights within the terms of contract. No cancellation fee will be charged when the company cancel the agreement.
- If paying by Direct Debit the payment will be processed on the date specified by the hirer in the agreement or the next working day after, if the specified date falls on a weekend or public holiday, unless otherwise advised.
- If the hirer chooses to renew this agreement for a further service period, payment is required by the due date given in the company’s renewal notice. If the payment is not received by the expiry of the service period, the company reserves the right to collect the wheelie bin and cancel this agreement without prejudice to any other rights the company has under the terms of this agreement.