Our Community Commitments
We support local
Smart Environmental reinvests strongly in the regions it operates in by:
- spending locally
- employing locally
- spending profits locally
- supporting local companies, and
- openly seeking and contracting local subcontractors
We are 100% New Zealand owned and support New Zealand business alike.
We believe that a Reuse shop is a natural fit for Resource Recovery as it provides a portal for the recovery of any reusable goods from the waste stream. Our preference is to work closely with the community to ensure that a Reuse Shop would work and is sustainable.
Currently we operate Reuse shops in:
- Queenstown Lakes
We always employ our people from your community
“It all starts with a great team; honesty, integrity and doing what we say we will is a cornerstone to who we are.”
Manaia Kapa Haka group that represented New Zealand at Valle di Cominio Folk Festival in Italy in 2013.
Firefighter Sky Tower Stair Challenge (51 flights/ 1,103 Sky Tower steps wearing full firefighting kit and breathing apparatus weighing up to 25kg) to fundraise for the Leukaemia & Blood Cancer NZ.
Twilight Business House Golf Tournament at Omanu Golf Club, Tauranga.
We support and sponsor local events, worthy charities and upcoming talent both individuals and teams.
- Tyla Nathan-Wong – sports
- Hamarama Watene – performing arts
- Douglas Santos Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Pythons
- Queenstown Winter Festival
- Motutapu Challenge
- Arrowtown Autumn festival
- Kidney Kids
- Variety the Children’s Charity
- NZ Down Syndrome Assoc. Inc
- Leukemia & Blood Cancer NZ
- Prostate Cancer NZ
- Ronald McDonald House